Today I’m sharing my first video & my first video tutorial!
You get to hear what I sound like…it’s always weird to listen to yourself talk isn’t it?
Video Tutorial: How to Paint Your Countertops to Look Like Granite
You can read the first post about my counter-tops here
and then I wrote a more detailed post about painted counter-tops.
Recently when Military Man & I put together a new ‘counter-top’, so we’d have more surface space in our kitchen, I knew I’d have to video myself painting it to match the other counters! To make the countertop we first removed the top of a kitchen rolling cart we had and added a piece of MDF to the top with a table leg on the front for support and a L bracket on the back to anchor it to the wall. This is the ‘before’ picture of our new ‘counter’ space: (the MDF has already been primed)
Products I used:
- Folk Art Brand (Made by the Plaid company) Colors:
- 425-Medium Grey
- 2381-Battleship Grey (I did one section of my counter top in this and didn’t like it so used it very very sparingly after that)
- 602- Country Twill
- 660-Metallic Pure Gold (applied with an old toothbrush to just lightly mist the counter top)
- Minwax Polycrylic clear coat in High Gloss. But I recommend EnviroTex High Gloss Sealer now. It is meant for applications such as this. My counter top is holding up fine but the EnviroTex will offer better protection.
- Paint Brush (foam)
- Paper towels (to dab with)
- Painter’s Tape (to tape off walls, cabinets, sink edges, etc.)
Did you do this? I want to see it! Please add it to the Sunday Show Off Group Pool on Flickr. Who knows YOUR counters might just be featured on Creative Kristi’s Sunday Show-off!
Have a happy day,
If you like what you just read please Subscribe so you don’t miss a thing!
It is totally FREE!