article originally published in July 2011. Updated resources & links.
Best Blogging Resources & Tips
Hi all! Today I wanted to share with you some links (ok a LOT of links!) to the 3 best blogs (in my opinion) to learn more about blogging, the 3 best books to improve your blog & increase your followers & the 3 best articles about blogging and the law.
Some links are affiliate links.
3 Best Blogs to Learn More About Blogging:
- ProBlogger- Hands down THE most comprehensive site ever for blogging for profit. He is the standard for ‘how-to blog’ I am currently working my way through his best-selling (in the bloggy world that is!) ebook: (affiliate link) 31 Days To Build A Better Blog. Get it. Read it. Do it.
- SavvyBlogging- These ladies are fantastic! I love their Twitter stream the best ( use hashtag: #savvyblogging) for any and all questions I need answered that Google just doesn’t seem to know about. They are quick, friendly & very helpful.
- Blogging With Amy- Amy is my favorite out of this list. She doesn’t shy away from the complicated tutorials for all you advanced bloggers out there but what she does best is the ‘walk-you-through-it-step-by-baby-step’ video tutorials of the basics of blogging. Love her site. Really.
3 Best Books to Improve Your Blog & Increase Your Followers:
- UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging. I had the pleasure of hearing the blogging stand up comedy act that is Scott Stratten at Blissdom in both 2011 & 2013. He is funny & approachable and honestly? He knows his sh*t. He gives you real, common sense advice on how to Un-market yourself, your blog, your company, whatever. A. MUST. READ. I promise you that you won’t regret it! (oh and follow him on twitter where he is kind of important )
- 31 Days To Build A Better Blog. I know I’ve mentioned this already but seriously. I know it’s expensive. But WORTH it. Again, common sense approaches to building your blog and making it better.
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are Another speaker I had the pleasure of hearing at Blissdom is Brene Brown. I love her. I love her message and I know you will too. Be happy where you are, who you are and what you are. Be YOU!
3 Best Articles/Posts About Blogging & the Law:all 3 come from Sara at Saving For Someday- she is a lawyer who I first heard of when she spoke at Blissdom 2011. Check out her Blog Law series for much more)
- Is your Giveaway Legal? (here’s a hint: 95% of what I see is NOT-including mine in the past-YIKES!)
- FTC Disclosures & You ( a MUST read) and the update: 2013 FTC dot com disclosures.
- Know Your Digital Rights-Blog Etiquette (Yes it is ILLEGAL to use a photo and not credit properly. Yes it is illegal to steal someone’s photo or post or even a paragraph of their post and pass it off as yours. You MUST give a click-able link crediting where you got the idea in the first place if it’s not your original idea. And while we are on that topic-GOOGLE YOUR PROJECT IDEA BEFORE THINKING YOU WERE THE FIRST TO THINK IT. It has all been done before. )
And finally here are some links to bloggy help posts I wrote awhile back. They are still relevant and might help you:
- How to know if a photo from flickr is useable for your intended use & how to give proper legal credit for using the photo
What one thing about blogging would you like me to write about for you?
Have a happy day,
If you like what you just read please Subscribe so you don’t miss a thing!Pin It